St.Kitts & Nevis
Situated in the northern section of the Eastern Caribbean St.Kitts & nevis is approximately 1,300 miles southeast of Miami, Florida. The capital is Basseterre and is located on the larger island St.Kitts. The smaller Island Nevis lies about 3 km southeast of St.Kitts. In 1983, the Federation gained independence as a two-island Parliamentary democracy from England and is a member of the Commonwealth of Nations, the UN, IMO and MAIIF.
THE SHIP REGISTRY
Established under Merchant Shipping Act No.24 of 2002, St.Kitts & Nevis International Ship Registry (SKANREG) became an International Open Register. 2011 statistics indicated 710 vessels registered with a total tonnage of 1.400.000 GRT. The Head Office is located in London, United Kingdom and have attained ISO 9002 certification as well the participation in the voluntary IMO member State Audit Scheme. In 2006 a technical office was opened in Basseterre, St.Kitts.
VESSEL REGISTRATION SERVICES
The registry operates through a network of Designated Offices worldwide. Hubel Marine became in 2006 the designated office for the Netherlands and is fully empowered to process applications for provisional and permanent registration of a vessel and /or Mortgage. The St.Kitts & Nevis Registry offers a wide range of Registration options to suit every need including;
- Rapid turnaround of inquiries and applications
- Competitive fee structure
- No restriction on ownership of vessel
- Extension of Vessel registration documents
- Individuals or corporate bodies can be owners or BB Charterers of a ship
- Mortgage registration
- Recourse to a well established legal system based on English Law
- Seafarer Endorsements within 1 hour
- Merchant Shipping legislation based on British and IMO Models
- Registration under ownership, bare boat charter and for ships under construction
- No restriction on nationality of Master, officers and Crew on board
- Special delivery registration
- A special Ship Safety Inspection program that ensures compliance with national and international maritime conventions being developed
- Statutory surveys may carried out by IACS and several Non IACS members
- There is no age limitation, however the performance of the vessel with the MOU’s will be evaluated
- No nationality restrictions on officers or crew.
- Crew certification from IMO "white listed" countries recognized
Most of our clients know us for giving service on a 24/7 basis. The seafarer department is fully empowered to issue the St.Kitts & Nevis CRA with a validity for 3 months. Submit your application today and we will have your Certificate ready in one hour.
Contact us now
Europe +31 10 458 7338
No restrictions on the nationality of individuals or entities that may own St.Kitts & Nevis vessels. By using a St.Kitts & Nevis corporation will result in a lower Registration Fee. Ship owners can take advantage of the flexibility of an offshore corporation by having such entity appear as owner of the vessel.
(also check our Corporation section).
The managing director, Erik A. de Koning, was appointed by the Registry of St.Kitts & Nevis Belize as Deputy Registrar in 2006. De Koning has extensive experience in registration matters and has successfully registered various vessels and Mortgage’s in the St.Kitts & Nevis.
Contact us for further information about St.Kitts & Nevis Registry.
Scope of services
Registration of vessels
Recording of mortgage
ISM / ISPS / ILO Code Audits
Statutory Surveys (Solas/ Marpol/Loadline)
Panama Flag State Inspections